Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Women Thin High Heel Pumps Hollow Out Roman Buckle Party Sandals Peep Toe Shoes
- **Skechers Skech-Air Cloud Sneakers - Women's Size 6.5 - Black/White
- Dije California Women's Australian Bootie Chocolate Bootie Slippers
- Haflinger Women's AR Lizzy Slipper Grey 40 EU/9 M US
- Nike Stefan Janoski Hyperfeel XT Anthracite/Black Men's 855922-001 SZ 10
- Man's/Woman's Demonia Men's Creeper 406 Black Leather Fine processing Price reduction Suitable for color
- Nike Cortez Basic Leather White Black Metallic Silver 819719-100 Men's 13
- NIKE SB ZOOM BLAZER LOW XT QS QUARTERSNACKS WHITE BLUE AQ3499 141 size 10.5 NEW
- Columbia 1671042 Mens North Plains Drifter Wide Hiking Shoe- Choose SZ/Color.
- NWT NEW ADIDAS CG3359 BLACK WHITE ENERGY BOOST RUNNING SNEAKERS 9.5
- NIKE VANDAL HIGH 90/10 NBA ALL STAR WEEKEND LA ASW GREY/WHITE AQ0113-001 sz 10
- Nike Air Jordan IX 9 Retro WHITE BLACK UNIVERSITY POWDER BLUE 302370 103 11.5
- AUTH PRADA HIGH TOP SNEAKERS SHOES 4T2583 GREY SUEDE NEW US 10
- Xtratuf Men's Legacy 15 in. Gusset Insulated Copper Tan Size 7 Boot
- Mens Loafers Shoes Men Casual Shoes Soft Brand Men's Casual Shoes Zapatos Hombre
- Fulinken Mens Sequins leather SLIP-ON Loafers oxford shoes Glitter slippers
- new black CROCIDILE ALIGATOR OSTRICH PRINT CASUAL SHOE 100% leather **ALL SIZES
- Man/Woman Balenciaga Arena Men's Sneakers Size 41 Practical and economical buy Complete specifications
- London Brogues Mens Leather Sole Bucanon Brogue Monk Shoes
- Merrell All Out Blaze Web Mens Black Summer Hiking Walking Beach Strap Sandals
- Skechers Shape Ups Resistance SRR Pink White Shoes Sz 8 Toning Sketchers Fitness
- New Under Armour Women's Toccoa Running Shoes - Size 6 - Steel / Venetian Blue
- Vionic with Orthaheel Technology Women's Gracie Thong Slipper Light Grey Textile
- Adidas Pure Boost X TR Trainer 2 Running Shoes White-Black BB3285 Women's Sz 7.5
- Bling Nike Tanjun Shoes with Swarovski Crystal Diamond Rhinestone * Blush Pink *
- NIKE Womens Nike Free Rn 2018 942837-401 DIFFUSED BLUE/NEUTRAL INDIGO Size 10
- Rieker Black Leather Zip Heeled Cap Toe Slouch Ankle Boots Booties Size 39 EUR
- Dr. Scholl's Shoes Women's Natalia Slide Sandal - Choose SZ/color
- Weinbrenner Women's Riding Boots Brown Leather Style 2283 Size 6.5 D Made in USA
- Skechers 47221 Womens Keepsakes Freezing Temps- Choose SZ/Color.
- Cole Haan Women's Hiker Grand Boot Zerogrand Waterproof Hiker Blue/Grey Size 7
- LUXURY REBEL LADY DEE Black Leather Designer Boots Motorcycle 6.0 M
- Pleaser 7" Heel Open Toe/Heel Ankle Boot, Side Zip Women Boots Clr/Slv Multi RS
- NIB DIOR BLACK LEATHER KARENINA SLOUCH PULL ON TALL BOOTS 39.5 9.5 $1250
- Magnum Mens Classic Hardwearing Military Combat Boots (DF646)
- Cole Haan Studiogrand Knit Cross Strap Sneakers, Black/White
- 7 for All Mankind Women's Vicky Bootie, Black Snake Print, 8.5 M
- Rocket Dog Women’s Sadler Biker Boots Black (Roast Black) 6 UK
- Man's/Woman's HEELS - PRE LUVED Packaging diversity The latest technology fine
- Kenneth Cole Reaction gold/metallic ballet flats shoes, size 9
- Tory Burch Caroline 2 Ballet Oatmeal WHITE Braided Strip Fabric Flats shoes 5-10
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Tama Slingback Sandal Black Stud Leather Slingbacks
- New Christian Louboutin Rosella Flat Ballet/Balerina Brown Leather Flats 38
- Women round toe suede platform chunky super high chunky 18cm heel peep-toe shoes
- Women Ankle Strap Ethnic Wedge High Heel Platform Open Toe Sandals Fashion Shoes
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.