Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Lucchese Resistol Ranch Cowboy Boots, Hornback Caiman Leather, Round Toe, Wms 10
- BL2404-11-2012G MEXICANA MAMACITA 7" TURQUOISE LEOPARD/MULTI FRINGE ANKLE BOOTS
- Gentleman/Lady Jordan 4 "Raptors" NRG "Drake" service fashionable best seller
- Shoes IgieCo 1144833 Woman Colour Vit plant. beaver high fashion
- Men's/Women's Ladies Rieker Mid Calf Boots 74382 Outstanding features Wholesale trade Excellent function
- Marc Joseph New York Midtown Classic Pumps 866, Navy Patent, 7 US / 37.5 EU
- Donald J Pliner Halo Cap Toe Ballet Flats Black Leather / Stretch Fabric 8M
- BURBERRY 38 or 7.5 WOMEN's DRIVING LEATHER FLATS LOAFERS MOCASSINS SHOES
- Easy Street Women's Nola Slide Cognac Polyurethane Slides
- 7.5M EUR38 Spring Step Brown Leather Croc Print Unique Driving Slip On Loafer
- J. Crew Snakeskin Leather Pointed Toe Heel Classic Pumps Shoes Sz 6 EUC
- Women's 18cm Stilettos Nightclub White Shoes High Heels Sexy Pointed Toe Shoes
- 2018 Transparency Summer Platform Sandals Casual Womens Wedge Heels Straps Shoes
- Oscar de la renta black booties size 9
- Stuart Weitzman CRISSY GOLD LEATHER Peep Toe Pumps sz 38.5 US SZ 8 new
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.